Mission, Vision, Values and Methods of Orphan’s Joy
MISSION: The mission of Orphan’s Joy is to bless orphans around the world in the name of Jesus.
- By God’s grace, blessings will include spiritual, physical, emotional, educational, and social responses that proclaim Jesus in word and deed.
- We define orphans as vulnerable children whose parents/family are no longer caring for them, and they are abandoned.
- Our ministry is for orphans around the world, which means that we will look for the places where churches and communities are struggling to care for orphans in their midst.
- In the name of Jesus means that faith in Jesus is at the core of our work and for those who serve with us.
VISION: The vision of Orphan’s Joy is to see orphans growing up in loving families, adopted by God, filled with the Spirit, walking by faith in Christ, advancing intellectually with emotional healing, and eventually, by God’s grace, caring for families and impacting churches, communities and the world.
VALUES: Orphan’s Joy holds 10 key values.
- Glorifying God: We wish to glorify God in all aspects of our ministry. “whatever you do, do all for the glory of God” (1Corinthians 10:31).
- Caring for Orphans: We value authentic faith that overflows into passionate care of orphans.. “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction. . . .” (James 1:27).
- Relationships: We are committed to building partnerships of trust and spending time to do so. Care for our ministry partners will be integrated into our communication and site visits.
- Family structure: It is our hope that orphans would be loved in a family with a mother and a father. (We understand that due to hardships, there may be a season where two parents are not present.)
- Sustainability: Local resources are utilized so that outside dependency is minimized.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest level of financial integrity
- Mentoring: We are committed to mentoring leaders at all levels.
- Church: We will encourage our partners to connect to local churches or plant a church as needed.
- Generosity: Cheerful, generous giving is promoted among us and by us for givers of all ages.
- Listening: Prayerfully, we will listen to God and to others.
METHODS FOR OUR MINISTRY: Orphan’s Joy seeks to bless orphans in 10 specific ways.
- Strategic financial giving
- Care for ministry partners
- Sharing of knowledge and resources
- Equipping, sending, and mentoring short-term teams
- Counseling support, helping with trauma
- Networking support – connecting
- Leadership in orphan ministries
- Material goods
- Policy and procedure development with an emphasis on child safety
- Strategic planning input